June has finally arrived.

June has arrived, and I'm leaving. *sigh*

A couple of months ago, when I got my UST Entrance Exam results, I was ecstatic. I was so happy. The feeling was beyond description! I still remember the moment, actually. It was on January 12, around 10 A.M. or so. The results were posted online. My girlfriends and I visited the site using Jenny's Nokia E51 phone (since we couldn't use the computer lab that time). Since I was the only one who remembered my code from the test, I was the only one who could check my results. The bell already rang. It was time for Math class, but we didn't really care. We were checking our results, and we were always late for that class anyway. Hehe. So, we were climbing the stairs leading to the overpass...I inputted by code and waited for the page to load. Then the page loaded. My heart was racing. I scrolled down...and there it was.

PASSED.
(It wasn't in big bold letters. This is just for effect. haha)

I didn't jump. I didn't scream. Instead, I left the phone on the overpass floor and ran to our classroom. That's the funny part. I was so nervous about my results that I forgot we had a substitute teacher for Math class. Unfortunately, we got locked out of the classroom for coming in late. BUT HELL! I didn't care! I passed! I passed! I passed! That was all I could think about at that moment.

When my parents gave me the go signal...I was overjoyed! I could study outside of Zamboanga. I was excited to go and confirm my slot, and to enroll. But now, after a few months, I already have all the things that I'm bringing to Manila in one corner of my room. I'm taking around 90% of my possessions. hahaha! If I need clothes, I don't need to go to my closet. Coz my clothes sat in that one corner. And now it's June.

I'd just have to stuff my things in a bag, or in boxes. And I'm all set to go. Well, I'll be taking my material possessions with me..but a part of me will always be left here in Zamboanga. I grew up here. This is where I became the person that I am today. I can feel the sadness now. I haven't even left, and I miss home already! I will miss Zamboanga. :( But I have to sacrifice certain things in order to get what I want now. That's life. You can't have it all.

So, today is the first day of June. I'm gonna make my remaining days here count. I'll be outta here on the 5th..and frankly, I'm not so excited anymore. I'm excited, and scared at the same time. I guess it's normal. I hope it gets better. Still, nothing changes that fact that leaving is sad...but it has to be done. *sigh*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

College na kayo!malapit na rin kame.napra-practice na ako ng reaction pra malaman results ng entrance exams!haha.:))

Angelica Louise said...

Enjoy Junior year, Siao. :P

Patrick said...

:)) LOL.. amin june15 p, ang tagal p tlg :((

Patrick said...

muchu y gat pla di yn blog waw..:)

Anonymous said...

I hope so!:D