Happy Fathers Day!

I am very much blessed. I am blessed with a father like Eduardo "Eddie" Tan Amik. I am forever grateful.








Yes, that's me. Younger years. I was little, and my dad was fat. Hahaha!










My father is an amazing man. He may seem scary at first, but when you get to know him, he's a really kooky kind of guy. He likes playing pranks on people (especially his siblings). At his age, he still manages to make his siblings cry. Imagine that! hahaha! Apart from his goofy personality, he is one of the greatest philosophers that I have met. Through my rough times, he was the one who gave me advice. Just advice. He didn't tell me what to do. He gave me his opinions and views, and it was up to me if I was going to take them or not. He never forced me to do anything. But he always reminded me, that THIS IS MY LIFE. Whatever I do or decide, I would have to live with it. Not him. Not my mother. Not my siblings. But me and me alone. I agree.


I am a stubborn daughter. I know that. I'm hard-headed, maldita, lalalala. I know. Everyone knows. While my Mom would reprimand me endlessly, my Dad keeps quiet. It's a Dad's role to usually discipline a child, but my Dad isn't like that. After my Mom would finish reprimanding me, my Dad would approach me and say, "I don't want to hurt you, because I get hurt too."

He is a very sensitive person. Below the surface, he is very sensitive. He cries more than my mom! Anyway, I just got off the phone with him around 30 minutes ago. I was looking through our old photos together, and I was saddened. He's miles away from me. I miss him knocking on my door everyday and calling me to eat lunch or dinner. Also, him knocking on my door every time our Internet connection was down. Yes, he's a tech-savy dad. hehehe He's actually the one who's into photography. I just harborned his camera for a couple of months. hehehe.

"I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection." -- Sigmund Freud

My dad would give up anything for his family. He's selfless. He puts his family before himself. It doesn't matter if he doesn't get what he wants, I am talking mostly about material things here. All that matters to him is that his family is satisfied, and healthy. Those simple things would already fill his needs. It makes him happy.

During my high school graduation

Oh, and one last thing. He is my karaoke partner!!! His favorite songs to sing: Puff the Magic Dragon, Top of the World (with me, of course), and Wonderful Tonight (for my Mom.) He influenced me a lot, actually. He made me listen to old country singers like Kenny Rogers, etc. It's also because of him that I'm into photography.

Dad, thanks for being there for me always. You've always supported me. You are an amazing person. I am very lucky and grateful to have you in my life. I am the person that I am today because of you. I am wiser and mature (Well, I think so. hehe). Thank you for EVERYTHING I am grateful and very proud to have you as my Father. You are one and only. I love you, and I miss you!


Special Mention:

This is my Dad's father. Angkong. Even though he is no longer with us here on Earth, he will always be in our hearts. Thanks for guiding us, and for keeping us healthy, Angkong. We miss you!


I was an Angkong's girl. Being his first grandchild, I got everything and anything I wanted. Really spoiled. I think my Dad got his prankster side from Angkong. He used to pull pranks all the time too! hehehe!

I miss and love you all. :)




5 comments:

Patrick said...

:(( yah, he looks kinda serious lookin'.. :)) ew, spoiled brat, HAHA like angelica right? right? haha :P

Anonymous said...

happy fathers day!

Angelica Louise said...

@ Patrick: Why the :((???

@ Siao: Happy Fathers Day too :)

Patrick said...

coz its sad..ur saddest blog "so far"-homer simpson >:)

Angelica Louise said...

really? this blog is..sad?